FAQ - New
Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions about juli products and orders.
- How is juli different from an electric toothbrush.
- Most jewelers agree that using a regular electric toothbrush to clean fine jewelry is dangerous and can result in damage and loss of your diamonds and accelerated wear on your metals. While juli may look like a toothbrush, it includes several safety modifications that plain toothbrushes don't have. For example, when the large, hard plastic head of a standard electric toothbrush comes in contact with your diamonds or setting (something very hard to avoid with manual cleaning) it can break your stones and dent your metals which is not only unsightly, it can compromise the integrity of your setting and cause stones to come loose and fall out. The juli brush head is smaller and completely covered in impact-absorbing rubber to protect your jewelry upon contact. The juli will not cause any impact damage to your diamond or setting. Additionally, it is nearly impossible to focus the long and spread-out bristles on a standard toothbrush directly on the diamonds while avoiding needless scrubbing of your metals, or surrounding soft minerals like pearls or opals. But the juli brush head features precisely trimmed, compact bristle zones that allow you to scrub only your diamonds with a simple tapping motion, while avoiding your metals and/or sensitive neighboring gems. Another feature you won't find in a standard electronic brush; the juli cap with the ring-saving safety loop which eliminates the risk of dropping, damaging or loosing a wet and slippery diamond ring.
- Can I reorder The Tonic and The Original Brush Head?
- Yes. Click here to reorder The Tonic. The Original Brush Head is available for purchase exclusively to owners of the juli brush. To reorder your replacement brush head, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Does juli clean ALL jewelry?
No. And that's a big no. We've all ruined something we love by using the wrong thing to clean it (R.I.P. favorite cashmere sweater) and jewelry is absolutely no different. Juli is a cleaning product specifically for diamonds free of chips and cracks, set securely into solid precious metal. Not surprisingly, this describes millions of our most worn jewelry pieces so it makes sense for these pieces to have their own cleaning product. But using juli to clean anything else could be harmful and we don't recommend trying it without consulting a jeweler first. That includes:
- - Pearls, opals or other soft, porous or fractured stones.
- - Stones that are cracked, damaged, glued, chemically treated or loose in their setting or set into plated, non-precious metals.
- Have your diamond jewelry inspected by a jeweler annually and once before using your juli to ensure it is in good condition and a suitable candidate for rigorous scrub cleaning. For more information view our Warnings and Warranty.
- Will juli remove scratches and tarnish from my jewelry’s metal?
No. Juli does not polish out surface imperfections in metal. The fine, and sometimes deep, scratches in your jewelry’s metal that come as a result of normal wear and tear can only be buffed out by a professional jeweler using professional-grade tools and polishing compounds. What’s more, these precious metals are often soft and unnecessary friction from over-scrubbing can needlessly accelerate the wearing process. Juli was designed with this in mind which is why each section of the bristles on the juli Original Brush Head is trimmed to reach the surfaces of diamonds in all kinds of settings using a precise tapping motion, rather than a sloppy back-and-forth motion, thereby avoiding as much unnecessary metal scrubbing as possible.
- How often should the brush head be replaced?
- The average user will get more than a year out of their juli Original Brush Head before it needs to be replaced. Once the bristles on the Ice Pick start to fray, it's time to get a new one.
- Can I use The Tonic to clean my non-diamond jewelry?
- The Tonic was specially formulated for diamonds which can withstand its powerful grease-cutting ingredients. We have not tested, nor do we recommend, using The Tonic on anything other than diamonds.
- Can I include a gift message with my order?
- Yes. Please add your message when prompted at checkout.
- Is the Juli brush waterproof?
Yes. The juli original brush has a water resistance rating of IPX7, meaning it is protected from submersion in up to three feet of water for up to 30 minutes, however care must be taken that the charging port cover is fully intact prior to use in all scenarios especially those involving high moisture levels. Water damage in the charging port is not covered under the juli limited warranty.
- How should I care for my juli?
- The juli Original Brush Body was built to last for years of use. To prolong the life of your juli please follow the care instructions found here.
- Is it safe to charge my juli in another country?
- The Juli system comes with an adapter that can handle charging inputs from 100 volts to 240 volts. While this covers the majority of power output levels found in the US and abroad, it is always best to double check the output standard for your destination and/or use a voltage converter/transformer to ensure a successful charging experience. See our warranty for more information.
- How do I request a return?
- Email email@example.com and explain in a few words the reason for your return. Make sure to include your order number. A return shipping label will be issued within one business day to the email used to place the order. Once the returned product is received a refund for the original purchase price will be issued to the original form of payment.
- When will my juli arrive?
- Shipping is free and takes 1-5 business days to arrive once your order is processed. Orders are typically processed within two business days, however, due to increased safety measures being taken at our facilities, you may experience a slight delay in the time it takes to process your order. You will receive an email update with tracking information as soon as your order ships. We will keep you informed of any delays beyond our estimated ship date. Thanks in advance for being cool about it.
- Do you ship orders to the UK? If so, how will orders to the UK be shipped?
- Yes, we ship to the UK. To get your order to you, we have partnered with Passport Shipping and they will be
the Seller for all orders to the UK £135 and Under.