- Q: Can I order more soap when I run out? How about a fresh brush head?
- A: Totally. Both are available for individual purchase now while we work on getting their product pages up and running. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will hook you up.
- Q: Should I clean all of my jewelry with juli?
A: No. And that's a big no. We've all ruined something we love by using the wrong thing to clean it and jewelry is absolutely no different. Juli is a cleaning product specifically for diamonds free of chips and cracks, set securely into solid precious metal. Using juli to clean anything else could be harmful and we don't recommend trying it without consulting a jeweler first. That includes:
- - Pearls, opals or other soft, porous or fractured stones.
- - Stones that are cracked, damaged, glued, chemically treated or loose in their setting or set into plated, non-precious metals.
- Have your diamond jewelry inspected by a jeweler annually and once before using your juli to ensure it is in good condition and a suitable candidate for rigorous scrub cleaning. For more information view our Warnings and Warranty.
- Q: Will juli remove scratches and tarnish from my jewelry’s metal?
A: No. Juli does not polish out surface imperfections in metal. The fine, and sometimes deep, scratches in your jewelry’s metal that come as a result of normal wear and tear can only be buffed out by a professional jeweler using professional-grade tools and polishing compounds. What’s more, these precious metals are often soft and unnecessary friction from over-scrubbing can needlessly accelerate the wearing process. Juli was designed with this in mind which is why each section of the bristles on the juli Original Brush Head is trimmed to reach the surfaces of diamonds in all kinds of settings using a precise tapping motion, rather than a sloppy back-and-forth motion, thereby avoiding as much unnecessary metal scrubbing as possible.
- Q: How should I care for my juli?
A: The juli Original Brush Body was built to last for years of use. To prolong the life of your juli please follow the care instructions found here.
- Q: Is it safe to charge my juli in another country?
A: The Juli system comes with an adapter that can handle charging inputs from 100 volts to 240 volts. While this covers the majority of power output levels found in the US and abroad, it is always best to double check the output standard for your destination and/or use a voltage converter/transformer to ensure a successful charging experience. See our warranty for more information.
- Q: Is the Juli brush waterproof? Can it be used in the shower?
A: Yes and yes. The juli original brush has a water resistance rating of IPX7, meaning it is protected from submersion in up to three feet of water for up to 30 minutes, however care must be taken that the charging port cover is fully intact prior to use in all scenarios especially those involving high moisture levels. Water damage in the charging port is not covered under the juli limited warranty.
While pro’s advise against bathing in your fine jewelry, sometimes fiddling with tiny clasps and earring backs before every shower is even riskier and beyond the threshold of convenient possibility. If you wear a securely set diamond that is securely attached to your person into the shower, juli provides a lighting-speed jewelry cleaning without the hassle and risk of removing your jewelry. Never remove your jewelry while in the shower. And remember, if you wear your jewelry into the shower you are running the risk of losing something down the drain.
- Q: How often should I replace my juli brush head?
A: As soon as the tip of your Ice Pick begins to fray it is time to replace your brush head.
- Q: How often should I clean my diamonds?
A: You can’t clean your jewelry too often however some pieces, like rings, see a lot more action and therefore get much dirtier, requiring more frequent cleaning. If your jewelry is visibly dirty or has encountered unsanitary conditions (i.e. if you have been sick or have worn your jewelry while touching potentially contaminated surfaces), you should clean it. Otherwise, once a week for your MVP’s and as needed for your occasional pieces should be sufficient.
- Q: How long should I scrub my diamonds?
A: This will depend on the amount and type of crud on your diamonds. We find that especially soiled stones, or stones buried under impacted grime, benefit most from a rinse-and-repeat approach. Spend about ten seconds scrubbing under your stone and ten more on the stone’s outer surface before rinsing with fresh water and repeating the steps again. The Tonic soap is designed to form a rich lather that becomes thicker in the absence of oil. If you find that your soapy diamonds are not lathering when scrubbed there may still be oils present on your diamond’s surface, indicating that you should rinse and repeat until that telltale lather appears. Remember, use the appropriate section of the juli brush head for your individual diamond’s shape and setting so as to avoid unnecessary scrubbing of your precious metals.
- Q: Can I use The Tonic to clean my non-diamond jewelry?
A: The Tonic was specially formulated for diamonds which can withstand its powerful grease-cutting ingredients. We have not tested, nor do we recommend, using The Tonic on anything other than diamonds.
- Q: Couldn’t I just use my electric toothbrush to clean my jewelry?
- A: Great question, and juli is literally the answer. The truth is sonic brushes designed to clean teeth are not only less effective on intricate stone-set jewelry, they are actually dangerous. By far the most common damage results from the unavoidable vibrational contact between your jewelry and the hard plastic head of the toothbrush. This will knock your stones out and it will dent and damage your settings. Also, the fine bristles that feel soft to the touch will literally snag in your prongs, loosening your diamonds from their setting and potentially causing them to fall out. On top of being harmful to your jewelry, toothbrushes are hard to maneuver, fray quickly and offer zero precision while cleaning. Juli's design answers back to each of these shortcomings as more, resulting in a compact, safe, sturdy and precise cleaning tool perfect for diamond-set jewelry.
- Q: I just opened my Tonic and nothing comes out when I pump the spray head. Is it broken?
- A: We've found that occasionally the fine mist sprayer in soap bottles that have been sitting for a while can clog with a little bit of dried soap. To solve this problem simply run your spray head under hot water while pumping it for a while to wash away clogged soap. If this doesn't do the trick, shoot us an email at email@example.com and we will get you a replacement bottle ASAP.
- Q: I think my juli has a defect or may not be functioning properly. What can I do?
A: All julis undergo a triple point inspection before arriving at your door to ensure that your product meets our standards. We gladly offer the original juli purchaser a three-year limited warranty as a seamless solution in the event they have received a less-than-perfect product. Please visit our warranty page for more information.
- Q: When will my juli arrive?
A: Shipping is free and takes 1-5 business days to arrive once your order is processed. Orders are typically processed within two business days, however, due to increased safety measures being taken at our facilities, you may experience a slight delay in the time it takes to process your order. You will receive an email update with tracking information as soon as your order ships. We will keep you informed of any delays beyond our estimated ship date. Thanks in advance for being cool about it.
- Q: How can I make a return?
A: As long as the product is unused and in original packaging you have 30 days from the date of purchase to return any product for a full refund. All you need is your order number. To initiate a return simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you squared away.
- Q: Can I include a gift message with my order?
- Yes. We are still figuring out the best way to do this but in the meantime simply email email@example.com with your gift message request and order number immediately following your purchase and we will make sure your message is included! It's important that you send that email right away so we don't miss the window before your order is processed and shipped.
- Q: Do you offer gift receipts?
- A: No. While we do accept returns of gifted merchandise we do not offer store credit to that gift recipient. Instead we credit the purchase price back to the original form or payment. We do this because we are a one-product company and if your recipient wasn't psyched about receiving a juli, we figured you'd want that money back to get them something else. Fun fact: We have never received a return request on a gifted juli.
Didn't find the answer you're looking for? Why not ask the founder? Text Hannah directly at 612-387-3434. Trust us, there's no one she'd rather hear from. Except maybe Ryan Reynolds.